Audio-Technica today announced the introduction of its 60th Anniversary AT-LP2022 Manual Belt-Drive Turntable. It’s a $1,200 USD limited-edition record player that celebrates 60 years of excellence in high-performance analog audio. A limited number of AT-LP2022 turntables will be offered worldwide, each carrying a unique serial number.
“Audio-Technica was founded in 1962 by Hideo Matsushita with the intention of bringing the joy of experiencing high-fidelity music to listeners,” noted Kurt Van Scoy, Audio-Technica U.S. Executive Director of Product Development. “In his honor, it is only fitting that on our 60th anniversary, we offer the finest turntable A-T has ever created, to carry on his legacy and exemplify the commitment to analog listening that Audio-Technica has pursued for 60 years.”
The AT-LP2022 combines exceptional record-playback performance with a completely new, elegant 60th Anniversary design. The turntable is built upon a 30 mm thick, high-density clear acrylic chassis that reduces unwanted resonances while imparting a distinctive look. The chassis is complemented by a transparent anti-resonant acrylic platter with a mounted black AT-VM95E cartridge and also includes a clear AT-VMN95SH Shibata stylus.
We participated in last week’s “Art of Analog” NYC celebration and it’s clear that the storied Japanese manufacturer has a lot of support in the music industry for its turntables and phono cartridges.
- 60th anniversary limited-edition turntable clearly demonstrates the purity of analog audio
- Fully manual, belt-drive operation with two speeds: 33-1/3 and 45 RPM
- AT-VM95 cartridge is compatible with any VM95 Series replacement stylus, offering a wide choice of options for every budget and application
- Includes a 0.3 x 0.7 mil elliptical stylus, plus a limited-edition, clear-body Shibata stylus
- 30 mm-thick chassis made from low-resonance, high-density clear acrylic
- Motor features a speed-sensor system to maintain accurate platter rotation speed
- Transparent acrylic platter for stable rotation
- Carbon-fiber tonearm with metal tonearm lift and base, and VTA (vertical tracking angle) adjustment
- Adjustable dynamic anti-skate control
- Lightweight AT-HS4SV headshell
- Exclusively designed high-isolation, height-adjustable feet
- AC adapter handles AC/DC conversion outside of the chassis, reducing noise in the signal chain
- Includes dual RCA (male) to dual RCA (male) stereo cable, 45 RPM adapter, and removable hinged dust cover
The turntable’s sensor-monitored belt-drive motor system provides quiet, accurate and stable playback of 33-1/3 and 45 RPM records. It features a carbon-fiber tonearm mounted on a metal base, with adjustable VTA (vertical tracking angle), tracking force and anti-skating.
The AT-LP2022 offers users a unique opportunity to evaluate different diamond profiles, as it includes two separate styli with different geometry. An elliptical AT-VM95E is premounted on the AT-HS4-SV headshell, and the AT-VMN95SH, a special-edition Shibata stylus with a clear housing, is also included.
The VM95 cartridge platform also offers additional stylus shapes to accommodate listeners’ vinyl playback preferences. The AT-LP2022 features newly designed isolation feet that are height-adjustable.
The turntable’s external power supply prevents any unwanted electronic noise from intruding upon the sonic purity of the signal. The AT-LP2022 also comes with a removeable dust cover, detachable RCA cable and 45 RPM adapter.
|Type||Belt-drive manual turntable|
|Motor||DC servo with Active Speed Stabilization|
|Drive Method||Belt drive|
|Speeds||33-1/3 RPM, 45 RPM|
|Turntable Platter||16mm-thick acrylic platter|
|Wow and Flutter||< 0.15 % WRMS (33 RPM) at 3 kHz|
|Signal-to-Noise Ratio||> 60 dB|
|Power Supply Requirements||100 to 240 V, 50/60 Hz, 0.5 A Max.|
|Power Consumption||1.8 W|
|Dimensions||420 mm (17″) × 340 mm (13″) × 135 mm (5.3″) (W × D × H)|
|Weight||8.0 kg (18 lbs)|
|Accessories Included||・Dust cover
・Platter (with drive belt)
・Dust cover hinges
・Headshell (AT-HS4 SV) with VM stereo cartridge (AT-VM95E BK)
・Replacement stylus (AT-VMN95SH CL)
・RCA audio cable (Approx. 1.0 m (3.3′))
・AC adapter (Approx. 1.5 m (4.9′))
|AC Adapter||12 V, 1.0 A|
|Tonearm Type||Static balanced straight carbon tonearm|
|Effective Arm Length||223.6 mm|
|Tracking Error Angle||Less than 2.0°|
|Stylus Pressure Adjustment Range||0 to 3.0 g|
|Applicable Cartridge Weight||11.5 to 16.5 g|
|Replacement Stylus||AT-VMN95E BK, AT-VMN95SH CL* (sold separately)|
|Replacement Headshell||AT-HS4 SV (sold separately)|
|Replacement Belt||AT-LP2022 exclusive belt (sold separately)|
*Note: The replacement stylus (AT-VMN95SH CL (clear color)) is a limited product of AT-LP2022. Repair parts are limited. Please note that Audio-Technica may not be able to fulfill repair requests if repair parts are no longer available. In such cases, a commercially available replacement stylus (AT-VMN95SH (brown color)) can be used.
Price & Availability
The Audio-Technica AT-LP2022 Belt-Drive Turntable is now available for purchase at a suggested retail price of US $1200. Check audio-technica.com for availability.