Hosting resellers find Web Host Manager or WHM to be a powerful tool. It offers a wide range of features allowing you to make the most of the control panel and grants better control over most operations. However, many resellers find it difficult to understand the features and functions of WHM and hence, fail to use it optimally. In this article, we will talk about WHM and how you can make full use of it to boost your Reseller Hosting business.
What is WHM?
WHM, when combined with cPanel, forms a control panel system that has all features that a hosting reseller can think of. WHM is a suite of applications with administrative rights that offers you access to a lot of things with a higher degree of control. It also allows backend access to cPanel and permits you to perform certain operations that you would not be able to perform otherwise.
WHM is specifically helpful for hosting resellers due to the flexibility it grants them. Using WHM, a reseller can install a system, server, configure system backups (automatic or manual), and move accounts between two servers. The best part is the interface – it is simple, and most people start using it in no time.
How to use WHM to boost your Reseller Hosting business?
Most operations and functions in WHM can be customized to your requirements. Further, developers are adding new options to WHM every day! We have managed to gather a list of ways in which you can use WHM to boost your reseller business:
1. WHM allows you to create, suspend, or delete cPanel accounts from your webserver
2. You can grant permission to a specific user allowing him to check the status and information of the server
3. Client user names and domain names can easily be changed using WHM
4. You have the power to monitor and manage all your sites
5. WHM also allows you to customize control panels
6. You can provide customer support through cPanel by configuring the same using WHM
Here is a list of options offered by WHM:
- Configure Support Request Submissions – configure the destination of support requests that have been raised through the control panel
- Cluster/Remote Access – add servers to the DNS cluster
- Account Information – list of accounts along with the specifications of each account
- Account Functions – resellers can create, customize, and managed clients
- Multi-Account Functions – update multiple accounts at the same time
- FrontPage – install/uninstall the FrontPage extension
- Themes – select the theme for the WHM control panel
- Packages – create, modify, or delete service packages
- DNS Functions – resellers can add DNS records for their clients
- Email – trace the route that an email will take
- cPanel – needs no introduction
- SSL/TLS – purchase and install an SSL certificate
- Plugins – list of plugins currently in use
As you can see above, WHM offers a plethora of options for hosting resellers. You must spend some time understanding the various options available to you so that you can use WHM optimally and boost your Reseller Hosting business. Good Luck!