ERP system implementation helps the company to streamline their business process. It takes many people, a lot of time and a lot of money to implement an ERP system. Many companies are not able to afford this due to high costs involved. The application license has to be bought, server has to be installed for the application, a team of experts has to be hired for the implementation, maintenance costs and other day to day costs are involved. To overcome this aspect, web based ERP application is more ideal than a server based solution. Web based ERP improves the business amongst the suppliers, partners and customers through self service portals. The client does not have to buy the license or the server but rents it out on a monthly basis. He avoids the hassle of buying and maintaining these things. The server is located with the vendor and end user uses the application through the internet. This makes Web based ERP more ideal by cutting down the resources.
There are plenty of advantages as to what makes web based ERP more ideal than a serve based solution. One has to consider the needs of the organization before choosing the ERP system. Below are the factors:
1. Security of Data: Security of the data is of utmost importance to the company. With a web based software, the security issue lie with the administrator of the web based platform. It is safe since each subscriber is allotted a folder which has a password. The data too is encrypted during the transmission and the security is thus maintained. In a server based ERP system, the security feature has to be established extensively with the high costs involved.
2. Accessibility: ERP implementation helps the management to take quick and right actions due to provided data. Therefore accessibility of data is important. This makes web based ERP more ideal than a server based solution by providing easy access to the data through a simple internet connection. The authorized persons can access the data with ease. Since the data is updated at one central point, it eliminates duplicate data and the authorized person obtains the updated data.
3. Resource management: A lot of resources are involved in setting up an ERP system. Apart from heavy investment in the software and hardware, a team of professionals have to be employed to implement and run the system. This makes internet based ERP more ideal than a server based solution.
4. Compatibility: The compatibility between the existing server and the new software is always an issue. This is solved in web based ERP as the organization does not have to invest in the software and hardware. The data transfer incompatibility can be solved by using an interface program.
5. Upgrading: The solution provided has to be upgraded in the world of IT to keep up with the times and changes. In the web based ERP this is taken care of by the service provider.
A web ERP makes the resource management easier and enhances the productivity. It helps to increase the performance of the business and attain its goals. All the above features of make web based ERP more ideal than a server based solution.